Sunday, August 22, 2010

"SHUT-UP!", the Video

Good day ladies and gents! I’ve been working on it for a couple days and finally got the hang of recording and posting on YouTube. So with no further ado here is the first of many blog video posts. My most recent post is “SHUT-UP!” so I used this as my first effort and s you will be able to tell, it’s not professionally recorded and I did it alone, so please overlook that small piece of the production.

I had another challenge a few days ago which was related to the amount of time I could post on YouTube, or maybe it was just my understanding. I recorded the post and my camera stopped recording at 10-minutes. At that time I recalled that someone had mentioned that YouTube would only allow 10-minutes so I figured that was the reason for the camera’s 10-minutes cutoff (you know, maybe a universal movie limit?!?!). But as luck would have it I was wrong and Omar, a good Twitter friend (twitter ID @18percentgrey) informed me of the true 15 minutes limit, and guess what? He was right (this guy knows a lot of stuff).

I will be reorganizing the layout of my blog to include video section, give me a little time. But I finally re-recorded the "SHUT-UP!" video and got it posted. Here you go, let me know what you think.

Andy 



If you would like, subscribe to my YouTube account - AndyThinkingOutLoud. The link is http://youtube.com/andythinkingoutloud. I will appreciate your subscribtion there and Follow here on the blog..  Have a good day!  ~ Andy 

10 comments:

  1. Hey Andy, I've subscribed to your youtube channel! I see that you are adventuring with different social networks. That is an excellent move. It's always good to venture with different useful internet tools. I have to admit, I haven't watched your latest video, "Shut up!" the video, but I will as soon as I find the time, I noticed its 13 minutes long...anyways, keep up the good work. I always enjoy your work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arnold for the kind words. The recording is long, but it is what I wrote. I agree reaching out in different media is beneficial for everyone, including my subscribers and blog followers. It allows the people reading my blog know that I'm real, not some machine and it can make it easier for some people that might not have the time to sit and read (maybe some people will load it down to an MP3 player and take it with them). Thanks again for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excelente trabalho, Andy! Parabéns!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Triniegirl for taking the time to listen to my recoring. I hope to make other recordings as I post in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Obrigado Lecia Maria para tomar o tempo para ouvir o meu blog. Eu gosto de escrever e este blog me dá a oportunidade de explorar diferentes estilos de escrita, juntamente com os meus sentimentos que estão ligados a cada personagem e da história. As gravações de vídeo permita-me compartilhar um pouco de minhas emoções através de outro meio. Meu estilo de escrever aqui é um reflexo do estilo incluídos nos dois livros que tenho em desenvolvimento. Esperemos que as pessoas vão continuar a estar interessado no meu pensamento outloud! :-) Obrigado mais uma vez, tenha um bom dia! Andy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andy,

    Good one.. Interesting and new. Haven't heard an audio before for a blog or a story.. Enjoyed it.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Sitaraman, I appreciate your thoughts and opinions, along with your taking the time to visit my blog. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this! I was working on my wedding sampler w/earphones on listening to you read. Loved the added sound effects when "he was pounding on the bathroom door." Didn't expect that and it made me jump. :)
    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! Anonymous, thanks for the comment and encouraging me to try this some more. I had received little feedback on the videos done to this point and had considered my followers had no use for this media. But with the few comments received, along with yours I will give it another try. My original thought was that it might lend a little emphasis to my writing, and apparently it did! :-) Thanks for posting your impressions.

    ReplyDelete